Friday, January 8, 2010

Pearl Tea’s Moroccan Mint Review

Type: Green
Origin: China
Price: Free Sample (regular price - $5.25 for 1oz.)
Vendor: Pearl Teas
Brewing Method: Per Instructed - 1 teaspoon of leaves, 1 cup of filtered water, heated to 167°F-185°F, steeped for 0.5 - 2 minutes
Overall Score: 3.0 out of 5

Moroccan Mint is a combination of green gunpowder tea and mint leaves. I barely opened the package and I was hit with an intense minty aroma. The blend looks like an equal portion of tightly rolled gunpowder tea and tiny specks of mint. Every so often I see some woody stems which, I think, are from the mint.

The liquor is a light yellow or golden color. The aroma of the brew is, of course, extremely minty. It smells sweet – kind of like I just steeped a piece of mint flavored gum. At this point I am wondering what the green tea has to offer because it seems to be all about the mint. Maybe that is in the taste…





The taste is not as minty as I thought it would be… the mint is more bark than bite. The overall taste is sweet and refreshing. The green tea provides the medium body and slight astringency, but the main flavor is from the mint.

The vendor suggests trying this tea iced. I can imagine that would be a nice tasty, refreshing treat in the summer months. However, there is snow on the ground now… and I’m glad the tea is warm.

4 comments:

Marlena said...

I'd have it hot now, too, but I love iced mint tea in the summer

Anonymous said...

I haven't found any Moroccan Mint tea where the mint isn't overwhelming. May need to look into this one!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous cup, where did you get it?

vim said...

i was going to ask the same thing: that tea cup is adorable!