Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mighty Leaf’s Marrakesh Mint Green Tea (Iced) Review

Type: Green
Origin: China, Morocco
Price: Sample (regular price - $9.95 for 15 Pouches)
Vendor: Mighty Leaf
Brewing Method: Per Instructed - 1 teaspoon of leaves, 1 cup of filtered water, heated to 170°F-180°F, steeped for 2 - 3 minutes
Overall Score: 4.5 out of 5

Marrakesh Mint Green Tea is a mix of Chinese green tea and peppermint. I can smell the cool peppermint instantly just as I begin to tear open the package. The leaves are tiny specks of green and white leaves.

After the tea is steeped and iced, I can smell the peppermint clearly. It is not as pungent as in the dry leaf state, though. The liquor is a yellowish-green color.


Wow, if this does not cool you off on a hot summer day, I’m not sure what will. Surprisingly, even with the overwhelming peppermint taste, I can still taste the green tea. The peppermint does its job of creating a cool, refreshing effect in my mouth. No bitterness, no astringency… just a cool flavor with a hint of sweetness.

I have never had peppermint iced before – I have had it hot, but never iced. I know when I had peppermint flavored hot tea it left my mouth feeling cool despite the hot beverage. The iced version is really nice, especially while drank during a miserably hot summer day. Actually, I’m more of a spearmint fan than a peppermint fan and I enjoyed this tea without ever once wishing it was spearmint.

No comments: