Friday, May 16, 2008

Strawberry Tea Review

Type: Black
Origin: Ceylon
Price: Sample (regular price - $6 for 4oz.)
Vendor: Adagio
Brewing Method: Per Instructed – 2.0g of leaves, 1 cup of filtered water, boiled at 200°F-212°F, steeped for 5 minutes.
Overall Score: 4.8 out of 5

Adagio’s Strawberry Tea is a Ceylon black tea base that is infused with bits of dried strawberries. The loose tea is mostly curled black Ceylon leaves, with dots of red and white strawberry slices throughout.


The color of the brew is a light orange with a red tint to it.

The aroma is very sweet, with the strawberry flavor being easily detected. After taking a sip, my fears were put to rest when I realized there was no tartness to this tea. It simply tasted like fresh picked, sweet, juicy, strawberries. It almost reminded me of a nice hot slice of strawberry pie.

There was no astringency or bitterness in this brew. It was light bodied and mellow. I found it very pleasant to drink. Just like with the other fruit teas that I’ve tried so far, I think this tea would be even better iced.

The only negative thing that I could possibly say about this tea is that I had a hard time tasting the Ceylon because the strawberry flavored lingered forever in my mouth. The strawberry flavor was not overpowering, but it seemed to have an aftertaste that lasted longer than previous fruit teas that I’ve tried.

No comments: